Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

July 06, 2016

Ever Changing Home

ಸೌP

When I look back and see these images, wonder ever changing home! These are from the very first our Mumbai home. That is eight years back. I can connect the monetary progress with these images too. Nothing much, nothing more, all essentials. 


This from the first set up I did. The living hall was of L shape. I divided to dining and sitting.  The TV stand is actually a PC table which is transformed.


You can notice the different position of picture frames. Same with the TV unit and Dining set. I interchanged both. The bigger PC tables in this pic is no more with us. We have given same to our maid and small unit is still on use. I am using same table for writing this blog. More interesting factor is, I am using same unit from my schooling days. The chipped out part are tooth mark of an abandon squirrel which I raised for few months. It got sweet memories of that squirrel baby attached to.



The setup from first image was replaced by this. I added two Madhubani paintings done by me and those four wall arts were purchased at Big Bazaar.I wonder, where is Big Bazaar now ! Its place is taken by Hypercity and D mart. We have stopped going to Big Bazaar and this brand was the first hyped super market mall in India. They have recently closed their outlet nearby. Sigh.

I used to stick frames then. These frames were light weight, made up of Thermocol and paper. No framing is required. Now, TV unit got its surround audio system and still able to stand all the weight!


When we moved to our second home in Mumbai, same setting continued with little changes. This image was taken without audio speakers. I usually rearrange all my knickknack after dusting. I dust once in a week or in two weeks. With that arrangement changes. 

I loved those two plaster of paris elephants. One of them broken while wiping floor by maid and second one followed same fate after few months. Both of them stayed well in the hand of my old maid, old house. Hmm.


This is with the new TV unit. You can see the elephant standing alone without its partner! The PC table used to bear all this stuff went back to carry PC. I do not have many images with different decorations and placing of same house. Its because, I went busy with new job. Before that, I stayed at home for two years enjoying  rearranging and taking pictures.


This image is from the third and present home. Same old TV unit holds LCD now. As usual settings and placing of objects changes as per my mood. At present I am having different settings. This is from old footage. That right side golden pothos and left side palm plant are not more in their glory. The lucky plant, Bamboo stem has grown 3 ft long now and enjoying breeze in balcony.

I'll post another series with different sitting arrangement tried in this present home. I searched my footage, not to find any closeup shot of TV unit. Last couple of years, My hobby of taking pictures of home at different time is been reduced. Nowadays, I enjoy being at space rather than documenting.

Its said every house reflect characters of its housemates. This is true in my case. My house is like me, ever changing and ever evolving. Its good to see old photos and remember those moments. Happy Reading!

ಸೌP / Author & Editor

CG Artist by profession, Passionate about art and decor, Loves to explore places

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Blogger Templates Designed By Templateism | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates